Limitation of liability for internal content
The content of our website has been compiled with meticulous care and to the best of our knowledge. However, we cannot assume any liability for the up-to-dateness, completeness or accuracy of any of the pages.
Pursuant to section 7, para. 1 of the TMG (Telemediengesetz - Tele Media Act by German law), we as service providers are liable for our own content on these pages in accordance with general laws. However, pursuant to sections 8 to 10 of the TMG, we as service providers are not under obligation to monitor external information provided or stored on our website. Once we have become aware of a specific infringement of the law, we will immediately remove the content in question. Any liability concerning this matter can only be assumed from the point in time at which the infringement becomes known to us.
Limitation of liability for external links
Our website contains links to the websites of third parties („external links"). As the content of these websites is not under our control, we cannot assume any liability for such external content. In all cases, the provider of information of the linked websites is liable for the content and accuracy of the information provided. At the point in time when the links were placed, no infringements of the law were recognisable to us. As soon as an infringement of the law becomes known to us, we will immediately remove the link in question.
The content and works published on this website are governed by the copyright laws of Germany. Any duplication, processing, distribution or any form of utilisation beyond the scope of copyright law shall require the prior written consent of the author or authors in question.
A visit to our website can result in the storage on our server of information about the access (date, time, page accessed). This does not represent any analysis of personal data (e.g., name, address or e-mail address). If personal data are collected, this only occurs - to the extent possible - with the prior consent of the user of the website. Any forwarding of the data to third parties without the express consent of the user shall not take place.
We would like to expressly point out that the transmission of data via the Internet (e.g., by e-mail) can offer security vulnerabilities. It is therefore impossible to safeguard the data completely against access by third parties. We cannot assume any liability for damages arising as a result of such security vulnerabilities.
The use by third parties of all published contact details for the purpose of advertising is expressly excluded. We reserve the right to take legal steps in the case of the unsolicited sending of advertising information; e.g., by means of spam mail.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- WHERE WE STORE DATA
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- UPDATING OR CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- ACCESS OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- CHOICES REGARDING CONTROL OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- LAWFUL BASES FOR PROCESSING
- COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
- HOW DO YOU CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS?
You own your data. We don't sell your data. Ever!
(i) through our services
(ii) in text and electronic messages between yourself and us
(iii) written notes we make related to our service.
For users based in the European Union ("EU"), the European Economic Area ("EEA"), Switzerland and Norway (the "Designated Countries"): We enable the transfer of personal data from these countries.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect several types of information about visitors and/or users of our services. We may collect this information either directly when you provide it to us, or automatically as you navigate through the website, using cookies - Read more here.
(a) We will collect and process your personal data when you contact us, register for a service, subscribe to a newsletter, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a comment.
When ordering products or services on the website, you may also be asked to provide a credit card number and other payment-related information. Depending upon the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is required to use the services (e.g. registering an account) and some is voluntary. If you do not provide data when needed for a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
We also collect your Internet Protocol ("IP") address. We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our servers and/or software, to administer our services, and to gather demographic information.
2. WHERE WE STORE DATA
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- If you pay for a service or platform license using a credit card, we will transmit your credit card data to the appropriate credit card company and/or credit card payment processing company.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services when you choose to do so.
- To contact you about our services.
- In any other way, we may describe when you provide the information or when we prompt you regarding a new use of information about you.
- To provide support for you and your course facilitator.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
(a) We provide and support some of our services through contractual arrangements with service providers and other third parties. We and our service providers use your personal data to operate our websites and to deliver services. For example, we must release your credit card information to the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for products and services purchased on our websites; and provide order information to third parties that help us deliver the services.
(c) In the event that Exponential EU decides to sell all or part of its stock or assets or enter into a merger, we reserve the right to include your data, including personal data, among the assets transferred to the acquiring or surviving company.
5. UPDATING OR CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You can make requests in order to:
- Delete Data: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide services to you).
- Amend or Rectify Data: You can ask us to amend your data in certain cases, particularly if it is inaccurate.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You can ask us for a copy of your personal data and can ask for a copy of personal data you provided in machine readable form.
You may request deletion, and correct your personal data by submitting a data request through writing to us at email@example.com.
6. ACCESS OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you would like to access the information that we have about your use of and access to Exponential EU services, please request it by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held) by submitting a data request in writing to us at email@example.com.
7. CHOICES REGARDING CONTROL OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
With respect to your communications preferences, you can unsubscribe from newsletters by following the instructions included in the newsletter. If your email address has changed and you would like to continue to receive newsletters, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update your email address information. Occasionally we may send out emails concerning website disruptions.
8. LAWFUL BASES FOR PROCESSING
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (e.g., to deliver the services you have requested) and "legitimate interests."
Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object. If you reside in the Designated Countries and have any questions about the lawful basis upon which we collect and use your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
9. COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
11. HOW DO YOU CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS?
You can also reach us by physical mail at the addresses below.